my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions

"Another fresh new year is here
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt and fear,
To love and laugh and give.

This bright new year is given me,
To live each day with zest.
To daily grow and try to be,
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity,
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!"

-- William Arthur Ward

I'm sure that getting in shape and losing weight is on the top ten lists of all time New Year's Resolutions. And since it has been my goal for over two years now to get in perfect shape, I don't know if it actually makes it on my list of resolutions. Can you wish to change something you are already working on? But of course, I vow to continue working out (seven hours a week) and eating well (1200 calories a day). I want this to be the year that I get to my goal weight. I plan to run a 10k, possibly in June. I want to wear a size 8 dress to Jennifer's wedding! It's a long road, but I have worked hard. I will continue to work hard; and I will come out even better and stronger than ever!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess my resolution is to really clean my house during the month of January - including going through a bunch of stuff I don't need to make room for 2 new residents (although that might not be totally done by the end of January). And then I want to work to keep my house neat - it shouldn't be too hard if I work on it continuously, instead of letting things get out of hand like they are now. Anyway, I'm counting on you to hold me responsible for this resolution, now that I've officially stated it.