my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, January 25, 2009

What Can I Do?

Today's Running Goal: 2.5 miles straight
Accomplished: 1.5 miles easily. I was thinking: this is great, maybe I could go as far as 3 miles without stopping. Then it all just kind of fell apart. I let myself stop for a drink of water. I ran another minute, I let myself stop to catch my breath, I ran another minute and then just before I reached 2 miles I couldn't go on any further. So I stopped. Another failed run! I have to be able to run three miles straight by the February first. That's a week from today! I better practice again on Tuesday and Thursday.

I did spend 30 minutes in the weight room today. I worked all the upper-body machines three times. I pushed myself to do as much as possible and I even broke out into a sweat doing it. I ate fairly healthy today as well. I saw an excellent number on the scale this morning and I was determined all day to keep it there for tomorrow morning's weigh-in. I did let myself have another No Pudge Brownie but that was just a small treat for all the work I did today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Running is bad. I don't know how you ever even get to the gym when you tell yourself you have to run that day. I'd just not go. Although there is that whole goal you have and everything, I suppose that probably helps - but I wouldn't even be able to stop the revulsion long enough to set a running goal for myself. So, good for you on the goal and attempts - even if they don't always work out.