my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Running Along

I've had a really good workout week, even though it looks as if I haven't mentioned it once this week. The whole birthday thing gets in the way. But as I mentioned earlier this week, I had several days off this week, and that really allows me more time to workout.

Monday and Wednesday I took both the kickboxing and the weight lifting classes. On Monday I hadn't gone to classes in two weeks, and boy was I sore. On Wednesday I decided that I was tired of taking it easy all the time and needed to kick it into gear. I have been going light on weights lately because I am so exhausted from kickboxing. But Wednesday I started working on raising my weights again. So I went up on my squat weights, and made sure that I stayed high on triceps and chest. And again, boy was I sore.

Tuesday I ran three (birthday) miles. As I mentioned I had to take two breaks but oh well, I am getting back into the swing of things. On Friday my goal was to run 3.25 miles with two walking breaks. I did it fine, but it sure was exhausting. Today I decided to take Jen's advice and make today a speed day. I wanted to run two miles, a faster pace than I have been running lately. It was still slow (12 mph) but I have some time to work on it. I only managed to run 1.5 miles straight and then I had to walk the rest. Then I went up to the weight room to work on my upper-body. I have really gotten away from that best upper-body-bridesmaid plan. Now I am ready to work at it again.

Tonight I have my awesome birthday party. I am having a Girl's Night In Cocktail Party. It should be fun. Lots of people are coming. Along with them will be lots of snacks and alcohol. More eating tomorrow, and a few last celebrations with family. Then Monday things get serious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the gym even through all the celebrating. When someone has as many birthday activities planned as you do, it might be hard to squeeze anything else in - unless you have made it a main priority - way to go!