my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Going Nowhere Fast

I pretty much had nothing to do today. And yet I kept postponing going to the gym until it was too late to go. Why do I do that? I just wish I had someone to go with, someone to make it a social activity. Or perhaps it's the running I am dreading. I have no problem going when I get to kickbox or lift weights! I must make myself go tomorrow. No excuses. I want to get up in the morning and go before I have lunch with my mom and find reasons to stay home.

Tonight, like the loser I am with nothing to, I cleaned out my kitchen cupboards and reorganized them. Supposedly they are more organized now and I should be able to see where everything is. Mostly I just found out that I have way too many brownie/cake/cookies/muffin mixes. They always look so yummy in the store or I buy them for a special occasion, but I never get around to making them -- I can't eat all those calories. Which reminds me: this afternoon I finally got around to trying No Pudge Brownies. I have seen them in the grocery store several times now (in the organic section) and have wanted to try them. It's just a brownie mix which you add fat-free vanilla yogurt too. They are fat-free and only have 120 calories per brownie. By comparison, a "regular" brownie has 8 grams of fat and 190 calories. They were pretty good, not the best brownies I've had, but a good options when you want to limit fat grams. Super-easy too! Sure, I had one the size of two brownies, but I made up for it with a low-calorie dinner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man, you sure know how to make me feel bad when I don't want to go to the gym on a Saturday. I thought you'd just go later in the day, without me like you have before. I didn't know I was ruining your Saturday workout.