my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, January 19, 2009

Special K Week

I lost 4 pounds this week. That is a great weekly loss. However, I am still ashamed at how much weight I have left to lose (24 pounds) and how I let myself get so high. This week was very difficult to eat the way I had planned (one meal, lots of cereal and protein bars). I basically gave up on Wednesday evening when I was just starving. Then I tried to eat healthy the rest of the week, but a few things got in the way. I also could have worked out more. I know that if I would have made it to the gym two more hours this week and skipped the party food at Jennifer's work event, I could have lost five pounds. But I must be happy with this loss.

This next week I am going to make sure I get to the gym seven hours. I need to work more my running goals. I need to work on my upper-body weight lifting plan. I need to keep increasing my weights in BodyPower so that I am making the most of every minute I spend at the gym. And most of all I need to eat healthy, without limiting myself to Special K products, but still limiting my overall intake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a winning plan. sticking to someone else's plan - like the special k thing - isn't really as important for you, since you already know how to be healthy and watch what you are eating. but starting to get back on track with it isn't a bad idea, and now you can modify it more so it fits your lifestyle and other goals