my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, January 18, 2009

An Unproductive Weekend

That's not entirely true. I finished a good book I was reading; I worked one of the busiest Saturdays we've had in a while; I attended a party with Jennifer's work people; I spent time with my mom and her dog; I discussed the beauty of new shampoos with Erin; and I watched the Steelers make it to the super-bowl. But as far as working out went: I didn't. I had worked out five hours as of Friday evening, so I needed two hours today to get me to my goal of seven hours. I figured this would be easy; I had the entire day off. I had ideas of running some, lifting weights a while and then doing some other cardio for a bit. I had considered doing a new DVD at home for 45 minutes and then going to the gym later in the day. Little by little the day slipped away until eventually, it was 10:03 and I realized it was time for me to put in a movie and go to bed, and I would not be reaching my seven hour goal. Well, a new week starts tomorrow.

I also didn't do well on my eating goals this weekend. There were lots of yummy foods at Jennifer's work party. And since I didn't have anyone to talk to for most of the party I spent time eating that yummy food instead. And drinking the wine and champagne punch. Sunday was better; I ate a healthy lunch with my mom and then had a few snacks throughout the rest of the day, but nothing much. I know that my scale will be done tomorrow morning. The six pounds I had lost earlier in the week have not all stayed away since I began eating more junk again, but I am hoping for at least a 3 pound loss for tomorrow.

This week I have Monday off (thank goodness for bank-holidays) and Wednesday off since I worked the weekend. Those are the two worst days to have off, since they are the days I go to the gym in the evening. So no getting up early and getting a good workout in at the gym. Tuesday evening I am gathering a group to go to Zumba. Thursday is a eleven-hour day at work, but maybe I will make myself go to the gym after work anyway. I need to practice running some more. Or maybe I will stay after Zumba to try out the Goodyear cardio equipment. I am thinking more and more of actually getting a membership there, since I spend four hours a week working out there anyway.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Now I don't feel so bad for not going to the gymm Friday or Saturday night!

Anonymous said...

I think 5 hours is enough for some weeks. You can't feel too bad about that - it's still FIVE HOURS at the gym! You're still a gym rockstar to me - but then I'm a gym loser, what do I know?