my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Sox Upon Both Your Houses

That's a Shakespeare pun for ya! Look it up if you don't get it. Anyway, last Monday I forgot to bring workout socks to change into for the gym. So instead I went to kickboxing and Bodypower in my normal cute cotton socks. I felt like I wasn't properly dressed. My ankles hurt after 10 minutes of jumping and kicking. My food kept sliding forward in lunges. I was surprised that my feet were not comfortable. I figured a sock is a sock. Sure good ones might keep my feet from sweating, but they don't really sweat. So I didn't think it would matter. Tonight I remembered my normal workout socks. Now these aren't just normal athletic socks. The kind I like have cushioning on the bottoms. So every time I jumped, kicked, pulsed, squatted, lunged, and stretched I had a certain bounce in my foot. What a difference it made.

I just realized today that I don't have to go to work until 11:00 tomorrow. This never happens. I haven't had a weekday that I worked at 11 since August. So my goal is to get up the same time I normally do, or maybe a little later. Then I will use my free time to workout. I need to get that run I skipped on Tuesday in sometime. On the other hand, I haven't had a weekday that I worked at 11 since August, so part of me wants to sleep in a little. Not to mention that I am working six days in a row, and feel like I deserve a little bit of a break. We'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe I need to try the adidas socks I bought the other day... do they make me more coordinated? Actually I think practice has done that pretty well so far - or at least as much as can be done