my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, January 12, 2009

Yikes

I've messed up. Big Time. I took too much time off. I stopped caring. I ate too much. I am ashamed to tell you what my weight was this morning. But at least I am ashamed enough to do something about it. I told myself I had to tell you though. I have to write it down, confront it, be ridiculed by it. I now have 28 pounds to lose. If you remember all fall I was stuck at 17 pounds. This means that I have gained 11 pounds since Thanksgiving. It's not like I didn't see it happening. A few pounds before Christmas, a few during the week of Christmas, a couple more the week after new years, and then bam five pounds this week since my birthday. I really, really hope that five of these pounds are some kind of water-weight playing games with my mind and they will magically dissolve in the near future. Please don't mock me, I am turning my life around today.

I have mentioned that I am doing the Special K diet beginning today. And while that is true, that I am going to change my eating habits, I've only named it the Special K diet because of my own awesomeness and it being my own diet! I am going to adapt the two bowls of cereal, two snacks, one meal plan that Special K publicizes as their own into a variety of eating options. I'm pretty sure I couldn't eat only Special K cereal for two weeks, so I have allowed myself to buy several healthy cereals to choose between. Instead of only eating Special K bars, I have other protein bars and shakes to eat instead. Still, it is limited calories, one real meal a day. I absolutely know that I cannot go to kickboxing having only eaten cereal and protein bars all day. So on Monday and Wednesdays my "normal" meal will be at lunch time. I'm generally not very hungry after two hours of working out anyway. On Tuesday (my mom's birthday) I will allow my "normal" meal to be at dinner time so we can go out for a healthy meal at a restaurant.

I am taking this very seriously. I will weigh myself next Monday morning and not before. I am hoping all the junk pounds just melt off as well as a few others. And of course, I will be at the gym for seven hours this week! I will be running and kicking and lifting weights. Here comes the new fabulous, 29-year-old me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the gain is a product of hitting the plateau and being stuck and it seeming like nothing you did mattered because you couldn't drop pounds regardless of what you did. Hopefully this will be a jumpstart to your body and you'll be able to drop below that level that you were stuck on.