my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, January 3, 2009

10k Plan

Long-Term Goal:
Be able to run a 10k at the beginning of June (June 8th?) for the Havelock Charity Run.

Short-Term Goals:
February 1st - Be able to run 3 miles straight. Be able to run 4 miles with two walk-breaks.
March 1st - Be able to run 4 miles straight. Be able to run 5 miles with two walk-breaks.
April 1st - Be able to run 5 miles straight. Be able to run 6 miles with two walk-breaks.
May 1st - Be able to run 6 miles straight, no matter how long it takes you.
June 1st - Do it faster!

Plan of attack:
January - Run twice a week increasing running, decreasing walking. Obviously.

Rewards:
February - Buy new running clothes (tank top)
March - Get a massage
April - Get a pedicure
May - Buy summer running clothes
June - Win the race!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how your reward is win the race unstead of finish the race - positive thinking is powerful, they say. Where is your calendar for the month so you know what your daily goals are? Or are you just going to try monthly goals this time and see how that works out? I'll be there to cheer you on at the finish line, but I think a 5K is enough for me - I don't think I'll be running the 10K, but there is that 2 mile run.... Maybe I should work on running a solid 2 miles, too bad I hate running so much.

Anonymous said...

Oh, there is a calendar... you know it! I just can't get it copied on to the blog. It's on my computer, and I just mark it off from there!