my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Fine Line

Today's Goal: Run 3 miles without stopping.
Accomplished: 3 miles (with two drinks) in 40 minutes.
This was slow. I had to keep slowing down in order to finish. But I told myself I absolutely had to do all three miles today. It was the first part of my January goal (remember: be able to run 3 miles straight and 4 miles with two breaks). But there is a fine line between being "able to" and "having to because your life depends on it". That's how I felt today. I had to do it. If I try again tomorrow without having to, I wouldn't be able. But I guess when it comes down to it, the day of the 10k is a "have to" not an "able to" event. So all is not lost!

This trying new recipes goal is cutting down on my healthy eating days. Tonight I made Cream Cheese, Chicken Enchiladas. Sure I used low-fat cheeses and tortillas. But when I tried to eat a second helping it pushed me over the full-edge. Next week I need to make something extra healthy as my new recipe. But I am proud of myself for working an entire day, stopping at the grocery store, running three miles, and cooking an excellent meal all in one day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job on the 3 miles - I've never run that far without breaks, no matter how slow. I think the farthest I've gone is 1.5 miles, so you've doubled my best!