my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Another year older and none the wiser! My birthday had a horrible start to it: I woke up at 3:30am and was hardly able to go back to sleep. For some reason I was incredibly itchy; and every time I started to fall back asleep, I would have to scratch something. Finally, around 5:30am I got up at took a shower. I was back to sleep around 6:10; at 6:30 my dad called to wish me a happy birthday; asleep again; at 7:15 my aunt called to wish my a happy birthday; asleep again; at 8:30 my alarm went off. All in all, I will be starting this next year with a huge lack of sleep. And I could tell I was dragging all day. Still, I managed to make it to the gym this morning and run three miles. I had wanted to do it with no breaks (a secret birthday wish) but I just had to walk twice. I feel like I have regressed to over a year ago. Sure, I can run three miles, but I do it super slow, and it is so difficult. But I am excited to train for this 10k. And I am excited for what the next year holds for me. Today I am happy and proud of all the accomplishments I have made. Stay tuned for my list of 30 goals... Happy Birthday to Me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you pick a cupcake that looked like it was wrapped in a ruler on purpose? Perhaps it was a subliminal way for your brain to tell your body that your 30th year will be filled with lots of treats, in moderation. Or maybe it was just a nice looking cupcake. Anyway, I hope you have a great 30th year - just remember, I'll always be younger than you.