my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fat Pants

Unlike the rest of America, who start their weight loss resolutions on the first of the year, I don't start until after my birthday celebrations. This year that will be next Monday. So I kind of see this week as a cheat week. Unfortunately this is causing my weight to climb. I don't even want to admit what it is up to now. Then this morning I went to put on a pair of jeans that usually fit fine and they were too tight. Sure I had just washed them; and sure I ended up drying them part way because I needed to wear them; and sure everyone knows that drying jeans is the end of the world. But still, they were so tight that I couldn't wear them to work; even after I wore them around the house a while to stretch them out. I need to make sure that I don't gain any more weight, it's just more to lose next week. And I need to look great at my birthday party on Saturday night, and that does not mean wearing sweat pants!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That's the problem with resolutions... They always seem to be meant to be broken. Changing your lifestyle will mean no more resolutions! No cheating, no weeks off! Let me tell you, I know. Keeping the weight off has been so much harder than losing it in the first place. I can never take a week off, otherwise I would have to buy a whole new wardrobe!

Anonymous said...

You have many more than just a weight loss resolution - all of your goals are kind of like your list of resolutions. I'm sure you can snap back into a fitness routine once the celebrations are over, as long as you stay focused.