my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Hate Zumba

I said I would give it three tries. I mentioned that I hated Combat at one point. But the difference is Combat was hard to learn, and awkward, yet the ass-kicking aspect was addictive. Zumba on the other hand, is dumb! Basically it was like a dance class. We went over all the moves; we practiced with the music. Then we kept practicing until we supposedly got it. But I never got it. Once in a while the instructor would pull out the losers and make them work harder, with him, until they got it, or the song was over, whatever came first. I hate that. I don't need to be ridiculed and singled out. Overall, I just have no interest in going back. Guess I can cross that off my list and move on with my life. I'm gonna say it right here: I would rather take a step class than another Zumba class. Next I might try yoga.

We had another excellent workout in Kickboxing tonight. It was so full and exhausting that I had to take it easy in BodyPower. I felt like I was going to pass out for parts of the warm-up and squat tracks. By the time I was allowed to lay down during the chest workout I was better. Still, I let myself go easy on the weight through that. I had to go down on the bicep song again because my arm is still dead. Maybe next Monday I can raise it again. The lighter weight did seam easier after raising it earlier this week. But I was in so much pain from using my bicep during other tracks (back, chest, warm-up) that it was good that I let up a bit.

I ate like crap today. I had Chinese food for lunch - that's never healthy. Then I made a new dish for dinner. It was Potato Soup from a Cooking Light cookbook and overall it was good and low-calorie. It was the wine and dinner rolls that added on all the unhealthfulness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, combat was really hard - I too had to wuss out on weights because I was so tired from the first class. I wonder what weights I would use if I ever went without having just finished an ass-kicking class.

Anonymous said...

Probably the same :)

Anonymous said...

No way! We could totally do more if we came in fresh - unless we talked ourselves out of it and stuck with exactly the same as usual... but if we decided to add weight to everything I wonder how difficult it would be.

BrandyGirl said...

Why you gotta be so hard on Step, huh? ;-)