my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, January 26, 2009

Back to the Goal

Another successful weigh in this morning. I lost another 4 pounds, which is excellent; two good weeks in a row. That brings me back to the 20 pound mark, which if you remember was the goal I had listed on my 30 Things list. I feel very motivated right now, seeing the number on the scale move encourages me to keep up the hard work. Not that I did great things this week; I did eat Chinese food. But that was the only bad eating I did. The rest of the week I ate at home (or Subway) and worked out just over six hours. I love it when the system works. Although I have to say, I am a bit skeptical that I won't lose any weight for a couple of weeks now (just because I have had such large losses the last two weeks.) But if I keep working hard, it should continue to move in the right direction. I have this theory about losing weight the second time. I know the experts say each time you lose weight it gets harder (something about your metabolism and the size of your fat cells). But I am pretty sure that when I gain a quick five pounds from birthday cake and too many margaritas, it's stored in a temporary weight facility. And therefore, it's easier to lose when I get back to it. I mean, the first time I lost those pounds they came off 1 pound at a time. Now I have shocked my body back into eating fruit and vegetables and fiber and protein. And I haven't had margaritas since my birthday.

Anyway, we had a sub for BodyPower tonight. Who does Marika think she is? It made me realize that besides a teacher I had in Omaha, I haven't had anyone other than Marika since August. That's six months! Generally I like new teachers because they give you new things to think about and work on. But Katie said just about everything that Marika usually says. Oh and get this, Jennifer likes Marika so much now, she's wants to invite her along the next time we go to Mazatlan after class. Oh how far Jennifer has come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, I don't imagine us being friends or anything - just if we went after class, she might enjoy a margarita too, right?