my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Cheated

First, I just couldn't hold out any longer. I got home from the gym last night and ate my bowl of Special K and a banana. I waited a couple of hours and kept busy reading and watching TV. But by 10:00pm I was starving. I could have just gone to sleep, but I was just so hungry. So I ate again. I had some left over pasta in the fridge (leftovers from this weekend). It wasn't enough to have for dinner sometime, and probably only 5 bites (100 calories) but I splurged. It might be considered cheating, but obviously this Special K program was not designed for people who burn a thousand calories doing Kickboxing and BodyPower. No where in the program does it mention working out. I figure I am going to need a few more calories if I have to push myself through these grueling workouts. I don't want to pass out or anything! But if I am not following the program, then all I am doing is eating cereal for dinner, and that's what I did before. I guess I'll keep truckin' along!

Secondly, I slept in this morning. I didn't even set my alarm to get up at the time I normally do. I told myself that if I woke up naturally I would go to the gym. If I slept until my alarm went off at 9:40, then I would skip it. Well, I woke up for a brief minute at 8:15, but then I was asleep again until the music starting playing. So no gym time this morning. I have plans after I get off at 8:00 tonight, so no gym time today at all. Even though I work both Friday and Saturday, I am going to make going to the gym a priority. Not that I have done bad this week, I have four hours in already. But I need to keep on top of my running program.

Third, I said I wouldn't check the scale until next Saturday. But I got on this morning. And yesterday morning. And Tuesday. I'm addicted to the scale, no doubt about it. Tuesday morning I had to reassure myself that the salt/water weight was just temporary. And it was; I was down to 25 pounds. Then Wednesday morning I need to confirm that it was still gone; down to 23 pounds. This morning I just had to see if this Special K thing was working out at all; down to 22 pounds. The problem is I can't credit a 6 pound loss to the cereal. Something was seriously wrong with my weight on Monday. I wish I could lose six pounds each week. Then I would be done soon! Twenty-two pounds is still a lot to lose, but at least it's getting closer to a number I can recognize.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you figured out how to consistently lose 6 pounds a week, you would be rich. but then all the dietitians and nutritionalists, and let's face it - most doctors too, would be unemployed... and it would be all your fault. But you wouldn't care cause you'd be a trillionaire at least!