my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Can you Believe it?

This will be my last post of 2008. And boy am I ready for 2009. In some ways I think 2008 was my worst year yet! So I am ready to start new, be someone else, and refocus on my goals of being the truly stellar girl I am! However, I am starting off on a horrible foot. I have gained 5 pounds this month. I am so disorganized. I hate the gym. I want to eat crappy food all the time. I am in love with Matzalan's $2 margaritas. I am turning 29. Whoa... I need a minute.

After staying up way to late, enjoying (read: drinking) being 25 with some of my co-worker's friends, I rolled out of bed around 10:30 this morning. I had tons of things I wanted to get done today, and was a little upset that I had slept so late. However, I haven't been able to sleep-in in a long time, so I really think I deserved this! I had to give Erin a ride to her car (at the shop) so that got me out of the house. It was perfect. I easily could have stayed in my warm bed and watched tv for at least another hour. But this way, I picked her up, got to the gym, the grocery store, and made it home all by 1:30. Now I have the whole afternoon to clean up this messy house, and make yummy snacks for Jen's New-Years-Rockin'-Eve Party!

I really wanted to get a good cardio-equipment workout in today. I have been so bored lately by the treadmills and other cardio machines that I haven't been able to stay at the gym the entire hour. I also have a really hard time working up a sweat unless I am running (or taking kickboxing) so I often feel that walking on the treadmill or using the elliptical machines isn't hard enough. Or I just can't push myself to the level I need to be working at. So even though I was feeling dehydrated from an evening of drinking, I made myself walk as fast as possible, on the steepest incline I could handle. Then I switched over to the elliptical where I went as fast as I could (running) and burned a bunch more calories. Now, if I could just stop eating the Peanut Butter cups, things would start looking up!

Thanks for being there with me through 2008. I wouldn't have made it without you guys!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Here here to 2009! I know 2008 was one of my worst years, even with the house and engagement! I hope things start looking up for us both and I believe they will!

Anonymous said...

If you start being all good at getting things done, I hope some of that rubs off on me - I can still procrastinate anything better than anyone. Here's to a great 2009! If it were still 2008 that would have rhymed.