my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bad Worker-Outer-er

I have very little energy lately. All I want to do is sleep and eat. My body must be preparing for winter. Because of the Thanksgiving holiday we are very low staffed at work. I had been schedule to work until 6:00 today. My plan was to convince someone to go to dinner early, probably end up working several hours alone, and then take off an hour early so I could make it to the gym at 5:30. Then, don't you know it, someone called in sick! So now I'll have to work alone and stay until 6:00. To make matters even worse, I was so worried about leaving early with all the ice on the road, that I left my gym bag by the door. Since BodyPower starts at 6:20 I don't have time to run home and change and make it to the class. I could probably do it in thirty minutes, but not twenty. So I'm going to miss my classes tonight. Sure, I could just go to the gym instead. But that doesn't sound fun. So if I skip the gym today, mixed with the time I skipped last night, I have to make myself go tomorrow. But for now I need a nap... too bad I still have two hours of work.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You need to get to the gym to build up your energy again!! Go or you'll be mad at yourself later!

Anonymous said...

I've been a bad worker-outer-er for a long time now. Only part of it is my fault though, with neck/back injuries and everything else, it's hard to go to the gym. I hope I haven't influenced you and made you not go to the gym too.