my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Control

After re-reading my rambling post from yesterday and thinking about the holidays and the state of my house and even the state of my job-life. Then on top of all that, I've noted how I can't seem to stop eating cookies and peanut butter cups and feel like working out less and less. I am realizing more and more that I just don't have any control of my life. It all comes down to self-control. Do I have the ability to say: No, I do not need another cookie; No I cannot join you for dinner because I haven't done laundry in two weeks; Mom I will be late for Christmas because I need to workout; Dad I will only be able to visit for a day and a half because I have a life to live. Well the answer is, I don't. But I need to acquire this control. I need to learn to make time for me. How does one learn to gain self control? Since I have absolutely no idea, I just have to hope that once the holidays are over, it will all work itself out. Here are my plans for when I get back into town, have a free day, and attempt to gain any control of my life:
  1. Rid the house of left over Christmas candies/cookies/treats.
  2. Fold all the laundry/clothes laying around the house.
  3. Make time to workout every day.
  4. Go to the grocery store and get some healthy foods for the first time in months.
  5. Put away all the Christmas gifts/receipts.
  6. Return all the things that didn't quite work out.
  7. Turn up the heat, so my house isn't so cold, and makes me want to just lay under a blanket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I especially like the sound of that last one - I think part of why you feel like you don't get anything done is because even if you are home, your house is much too cold to encourage anything except lying in bed with your electric blanket. I need to make a list about the things I need to get done too - there are just so many of them.