my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jillian Always Wins

Tonight was the semi-final of The Biggest Loser. Every week I watch, and every week I am motivated by something that one of the trainers say. Although I realize that the show is unrealistic (real people don't have seven hours a day to work out and therefore real people don't lose 17 pounds in a week and 80 pounds in 12 weeks) it is still uplifting and motivating. There has been some discussion in recent weeks on the "yelling" trainer versus the "loving" trainer. I completely agree with Jen who says: "I don't like being yelled at. Gym teachers did enough of that in high school, I'm over the yelling." In general I believe in positive motivation. I believe in a reward system, not a punishment system when raising children. I believe in inspiring my employees through my own actions, not by ridiculing them. And I believe in earning respect not demanding it. But believe this: Jillian always wins. The only season that Bob's team won, was the season that Jillian wasn't on the show. So even though we love to hate her. Even though she makes me feel so bad for those clients of hers. You have to recognize that what she does seems to work.

As far as my working out goes: nowhere. Today I was too weak to do any exercise. I haven't been able to eat any nutrients for two days, so I didn't have enough strength to make it down the stairs let alone to the gym. Tonight I think that I was able to eat a little better. Hopefully I will be back to normal tomorrow because I plan to make it back to my kickboxing/bodypower combo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jillian is just the yeller in contrast to Bob. Maybe in the whole picture, she doesn't really yell that much. She obviously motivates her group to do well. I think the bigger difference might be between Bob's goup mentality and Jillian's 'only YOU can change you' attitude. Maybe losing weight for your group just isn't as motivating as losing weight for you. I wonder if they have looked at the post show success rates and compared Bob's to Jillian's groups. It seems like Jillian is giving her people skills that will apply to real life better than Bob. That's just my opinion on the matter.