my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, December 5, 2008

Not Since Monday

I haven't worked out since Monday. It's a vicious trap: I skip one day and then it is just so much easier to skip the next and the next and the next. And it's just so cold out I can't imagine leaving my warm bed/blanket/house/car. I am going to try to work hard this weekend but even that is up in the air. I may or may not be going to visit my grandma who just got out of the hospital. Next Monday morning (bright and early) I get my wisdom teeth pulled. I don't understand why I won't be able to workout. That doesn't require eating or drinking (much) and I will be taking heavy medication. But I have been warned about taking it easy and allowing myself time to heal. Please, I am a power-house, I don't spend time healing!

The more I don't work out the easier it is for me to eat like crap. This week I have allowed myself fries, a brownie, Chinese food, cookies and a hostess snack cake. I mean, what do I think is going to happen? The fat in the food will disappear with the warm temperatures? I think that I have gained 4 pounds since last week. And seeing as I won't be doing a ton of exercising in the next few days, I probably need to get a lid on my eating. I guess it's good news that I will have huge holes in my mouth next week and won't be able to chew anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a powerhouse, but nobody should go to the gym with huge bleeding, oozing holes in their mouth. Raising you heartrate just can't be good for a newly pulled tooth.