my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Vote Early, Vote Often

I have been trying to come up with a list of Things to do before I'm Thirty! I have been searching the Internet and asking my friends and co-workers. Everyone has different opinions on what kinds of things should be on this list. A lot of bloggers list things like: Sky-Dive or Hike Mount Everest; real adventurous stuff. Well we all know that I am not adventurous, nor do I have any hopes of being adventurous. So bungee jumping and hang-gliding are not on my list. Other people online have really arbitrary things like: meet my soul mate and get healthy. Well, sure those are great goals, but not really concrete things you can put you mind to and then measure the outcome. I need a concrete list. I am pretty sure it will include something about a musical instrument (take lessons); something about a foreign language (re-learn french?); something about cooking (take a class? try a different recipe each week?); and for sure something about my fitness goals. I am thinking that since lose weight is an on-going goal of mine, I want to be more centered on fitness. Since I have already run a 5k, and I have little or no dreams of running a half-marathon, I am thinking that my next goal should be a 10k. Am I capable of running a 10k? Vote early and vote often!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am the one that said I'd run one with you. We'll see if I have time in the next year, but I'll try!

Anonymous said...

There sure are a lot of people promising to run with me! I'll look for you all at the starting line!