my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

We'll make a pact

I began the first of my many crappy work days today. I am working a split shift so I could do storytime this morning and host our Art Show this evening. Luckily I scheduled a good workout right in between my shifts. I took my clothes to work with me, and packed a lunch, so I would have no excuses for not heading straight to the gym. It felt good to get a hard workout in. I could think of things other than my to do list at work and all the things that can go wrong at my program this evening. I walked hills for 40 minutes and then biked some tough hills for 20 minutes.

What I am most disappointed with is missing my Tuesday evening BodyPump class. I am really addicted to weight lifting right now. Last Saturday I burned 670 calories during the hour session. I am optimistic that these three sessions a week are going to make over my body. And I love having a set time to go that I can't just write off. It's just that getting there three times per week might be the difficult part. My goal right now is to make it tomorrow morning at 6:00am. I think I have talked Jennifer into it and Erin agreed as well. We'll have to make a pact, if anyone misses, they buy lunch! I'll talk to them tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to be better about going to the gym directly after work because once I go home, I never want to go to the gym.