my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's Spring!

What a great way to start the Spring season! It was about 60 degrees here and sunny. I am ready to start doing outdoor activities: biking, tennis, running to the park. The problem with Nebraska weather is that there is about an 8 week period of nice weather (assuming it's not raining) and then it will be too hot to be outside. Right now we're in that period where the weather jumps from beautiful (like today) to cold (like Sunday when it might snow). So for now, I continue to workout inside.

I made it to my second (and last) BodyPump of the week this evening. Since I didn't use too big of weights yesterday morning (was that just yesterday, it seems like days ago) I wasn't too sore to do everything tonight. I made sure to use the highest weights possible on everything this evening, and it was very difficult. As I was trying to hoist the two medium weights I used on the back track above my head, I kept repeating Jen's mantra: There's no way cellulite will stand in the way of a great back! It was still difficult though.

No comments: