my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back Track USA

This morning at 4:30am my back went out. I woke up to shooting pain and couldn't go back to sleep. Every once in a while (and I mean like a year and a half ago) I get this strange back pain, where my muscles are spazzing out and won't calm down. I have to lie on the floor to get my back to stop hurting, but that doesn't stop the muscle spasms. And then, because my back is hurting so bad, it starts affecting my ab muscles. They begin spasming too. It is a mess. I can't lie still and I can barely move. I tried everything: hot shower, massage chair, bending over an exercise ball, sleeping pills. It doesn't matter. Time is all that will fix it. If it happened more often, I might need to check it out, but if it doesn't happen until 2010, I guess I won't worry about it. I absolutely do not know what causes it. I didn't do anything strange at the gym or work yesterday. In fact, at BodyPump on Monday, I said to Jennifer: I am going light on my back track, because I am tired to having a sore back all the time. (Ironic eh?) So I am spending the day taking Tylenol and lounging around my house. I am about to go stir-crazy, but I can't get up and do anything. I just hope that everything is better by tomorrow and I am able to go to BodyPump and get my cardio in tomorrow evening.

6 comments:

Jen said...

That sucks. Hope you feel better tomorrow! Maybe now would be a good time to catch up on some TV watchin'!

Erin said...

I'm sorry your back is out! I hope you'll be better tomorrow, so you can come join in all the "fun" at work. We miss you here!

BrandyGirl said...

I love the title, but feel bad about the content. I have confidence you'll feel better tomorrow and we'll all be together at Body Pump once again!

Jen said...

I forgot to mention how much I love Back Track USA when they are playing 90's music. Ah, music from our youth! Are you going to buy the new Counting Crows album?

Karrie said...

I would love to buy the new Counting Crows CD... how is it?

Anonymous said...

I commented for the second time on your last post, don't know why it didn't save it the first time. Anyway, I'm glad you were feeling better this evening and hopefully that doesn't happen again for a very long time, or maybe it'll never happen again!