my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, March 10, 2008

12 weeks till Summer

I just don't get scales. I did everything right this week: 7 hours of exercise and an average of 1200 calories each day. But alas, I only lost 1 pound. The really baffling thing is that I was another pound lower on Friday morning, but then the weekend came and made me balloon up apparently. So I have 25 pounds to lose. I need to acknowledge that a one pound loss is not "nothing", it is still a step in the right direction. I just thought: of all weeks this was definitely a two-pounder. It must be that extra muscle I built with the three BodyPump classes.

On a related note: I have hurt a muscle in my back/side area. While doing the back-track last Saturday my triceps were too sore to do the required "knees and squeeze" motion. I must have over-compensated with some other muscle located right under my armpit. And so for the last two days it has hurt pretty badly. Hopefully that is because I rarely use that muscle and not because I have permanently injured it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

since you saw the lower weight, that probably means it will be here to stay soon... wait to see what happens this week, maybe it'll make up for last week.

Jen said...

I understand the frustration with the weigh in. Our body is a funny thing. Could have been extra water your body was storing from all the hard workouts and water coming out with the sweat...Or sometimes restricting calories too much makes your body start storing things to make up for it. I've never been a calorie counter, so I don't know for sure. Either way, it's more important how you feel and how your clothes are fitting. So congrats & good luck for next week!

Karrie said...

Easy for you to say Jen... you lost three pounds this week!!

Jen said...

Well, I did have to weigh in once a week for over a year....and in front of somebody! If there is one thing I understand, it's the frustration of working hard all week and not seeing a result on the scale.

Karrie said...

I know... I was just giving you a hard time!