my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Handprint On My Heart

I was going to spend this entry talking about how Brandy abandoned me at the gym this morning. I was supposed to meet her there at 10am. I dragged myself out of bed by 9:15 (after staying up till 2:30 playing Rock Band with Jennifer, Ryan and Hannah -- and let me say: I am a top performer!) But anyway, Brandy called to apologize. She didn't make it to the gym because she was at church. I can't argue with that I guess. And I forgive her. I did make it to the gym though, for an hour of circuit training (stairs, treadmill, elliptical). But I want to spend my entry talking about something else.

Those of you who have talked to me recently, know that I am currently addicted to the Wicked soundtrack. I listen to it over and over and over and over. And right now I am hooked on the song: For Good. As I listen to it (over and over and over and over) it reminds me of you. All of you that I call my friends and who read this blog and support me, totally! I ask that you all Youtube it and watch it be performed by the Broadway actresses. At the very least, read all the lyrics. For now, I am going to include my favorite part -- to let you all know what you mean to me.

I've heard it said that people come into our lives
for a reason, bringing something we must learn.
And we are led to those who help us most to grow
if we let them and we help them in return.
Now I don't know if I believe that that is true,
but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for helping me to grow; for supporting me; and for being there for me. Because I knew you, I have been changed for good!!!

No comments: