my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, March 14, 2008

Good Greasy Food

Well I haven't been to the gym for two days. First, I allowed myself to take Wednesday evening off. I didn't work on Thursday until 11:30, so I figured I would get up in the morning at head to the gym. Well, I ended up still awake that evening at 1:30 am, and then needed to sleep in Thursday morning until 10:30, when I had to get up for work. A Thursday night workout was out of the question as well. Jennifer and I led our monthly bookgroup until 8:30. And then Jennifer had wanted to try out a healthy recipe she found in cooking light magazine. I was willing to eat it for her! We had good intentions of getting up this morning and hitting the gym early. But after watching Sex in the City until midnight last night, we decided to postpone the working out thing. So, I have a little workout-makeup to do.

We are definitely going to go right after work this evening. I have packed my gym clothes, so I won't have to go home. This is the best way to get me there. Jennifer is really into working out right now, which really helps get me there too. It's so weird for me to hear Jennifer say: Let's go to the gym tonight! After working out this evening, we are going to PO Pears: a really greasy restaurant that is closing in a few weeks, and really must be celebrated before it no longer exists. I doubt they serve a turkey burger, but I will try to eat something reasonably healthy.

My weight has not changed at all this week. It is currently exactly where it was last Friday. And I am heading into a very difficult (food-wise) weekend.

UPDATE (11:00 pm): Turns out, Jennifer bailed on me at the gym. I still went though, and made it through almost an hour of cardio: walking hills and elliptisizing. Then, we showed up at PO Pears only to find out that there is a $5 cover charge. Since we were going there to use a buy one get one free coupon it wasn't worth the $10 it would have cost us to get in. So we went to another restaurant, where I was able to get a nice grilled chicken sandwich. It was much healthier, which then allowed me to get a side of onion rings (but only 4!). We'll have to celebrate PO Pears some other time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if they do serve a turkey burger it is probably still soaking in lard before it is served to you.... I don't really know much about their menu, just hope I don't find something great because I won't ever be able to have it again. Remember how they have the burger with peanut butter on top of it - I don't see how that could be good.

Jen said...

what's this monthly bookgroup thing you guys led together? am I missing out on something?!

Karrie said...

It's for 1st graders at the library... jennifer volunteers for it, and I help out, cause it's my library and all! You're not missing out... but if you wanna come sometime, you're welcome to!

Jen said...

Oh and I'm still curious why on your blog Jennifer is named "jeffy" and on mine she's "ishikawa18". I don't get it. I'm easily confused you know.

Karrie said...

I think when you leave a comment you can sign in (like we do) or you can leave a comment as someone who doesn't have a blog (or a google account). So sometimes she signs in -- that's when she is ishikawa (probably because her computer is always logged into google accounts. Then other times she just makes up a name to leave a comment (and doesn't sign in) this is prpbably when she is at work.
But this is just my guess. See how we have "blogger" icons by our names and she doesn't. I think when she is logged it (not on blogger but on google -- same account) then she has an icon too.