my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, March 24, 2008

10 weeks till Summer

Finally! A two-pound loss for this week. That puts me at 24 pounds to lose in the next ten weeks. That might be a little difficult. But I would be happy if it took two extra weeks too! This is no lower than where I was when I rattled on about being at my high school weight, but it is my lowest Monday morning weigh-in. So that is great news. At one point I told Jennifer I wanted to go out and celebrate when I finally got down to this weight, by eating Chinese Food. I absolutely love Chinese food and all it's fatty greatness. But now, I don't know if I want to ruin a whole week. Maybe when I lose four more pounds!

I am really going to watch what I eat this week. Measure everything out, weigh things, no more estimating. At one point I had read that people who estimate their calories, lose just as much weight as those who actually measure precisely (and probably have more of a life). But I know that every once in a while I pour a bowl of cereal, and call it one serving, when really it's two. Perhaps that is where extra calories are sneaking in and wrecking-havoc on my plan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cereal is tough, the amount they call a serving looks so small in my huge bowls. I don't realize how huge my bowls are until I look at something measured out in them.

Way to go on the weigh-in! Yesterday you were all concerned that you wouldn't have lost any, and actually you did well. I'm starting to think more and more that the whole scale thing isn't that good of a judge for progress. I say look more closely at other things like how clothes fit, how much you can do at the gym, and how you feel about your progress and accomplishing your goals rather than a stupid number. I can see how it can be exciting when that number cooperates though. So we'll have a date for chinese in 4 more pounds?? Or will it be postponed again then? I just figure it isn't THAT bad for you if you don't take too much and hold back on the crab rangoons. Still more calories than Subway of course, but if you're smart about it, it won't ruin things for you.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm so proud of you! Just stay away from the cookies in the breakroom and you'll be right on track.

Jen said...

I'm with Jennifer on all of this. The scale is not my friend, but I feel myself becoming strong again, and if my knee holds out, hopefully I can become a runner again. Way to go on the 2 pound loss!