my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, March 17, 2008

11 weeks till Summer

I am very disappointed. I gained a pound this week. I feel like my weight has barely moved for the last month. It is at a standstill and I feel like so am I. I don't know what else to try. Two weeks ago I might have been eating too few of calories, so my metabolism slowed down. So this week I made sure to eat right at 1200 - 1300 calories a day and this is what I get: an extra pound. I am very frustrated. And I don't know what else to try. I can't workout any more than seven hours a week, I have to have some kind of life. My only new goal for this week is to make sure I drink 8 glasses of water a day. I haven't been paying much attention to that lately, and I have been drinking a lot of pop. I will give my body one more week and a lot of water and see if it can get in gear. Now I have 11 weeks until summer and 26 pounds to lose. Things are looking bleak.

I had every intention of getting to the gym this evening. In fact, I even made it to the parking lot. But I have so much going on with work right now, that I just couldn't make myself go in. Instead I got some things done for my Teen Art Show tomorrow night. Now I feel slightly less stressed and should be able to sleep better. According to 60 Minutes this past Sunday, sleep is more important for maintaining weight than exercise. At least I don't need to improve that too.

No comments: