my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Self Challenge

As many of you know I receive many fitness magazines each month. And the ones I don't get in the mail, I generally checkout at my local library -- or read them on my break. Well every year Self Magazine does this 12 week challenge; and I always mean to sign up for it. In fact I might have signed up last year but then I never did anything with it. Well, this year I have signed up and have been updating my challenge info every day. They have a workout and eating plan for people to follow, but you can also do your normal routine and enter that information. So I have been adding in all my workouts and everything I eat. What I like best is: each day you update you get entered to win $100 gift card for Champion Workout Gear. If you finish the challenge you could possibly win some trip to some great island (which of course would be much better if I had someone to take to a great island, but whatever. And please don't all comment that you would be willing to go with me!!!)
Winning prizes is always a goal of mine. I used to win this finish this song game on the radio when I was in 5th grade (kinda like Don't forget the lyrics). I won a dozen donuts like 6 times. And once I won a free pizza each month for a year. And in college we were all impressed when I won this super-dooper Kelloggs bike. So if I can maintain my fitness goals while increasing my chances to win a great prize: I am all over that. If anyone is interested in joining just let me know. You could just join yourself at self.com, BUT if I send you a "join now" post card, we each get entered into a drawing for some other fabulous prize. And with the way this blog thing has caught on, I'd say the chances of one of us winning something really really excellent (like a sports bra) is getting better every day.

5 comments:

BrandyGirl said...

You should send me the "join now" postcard. I am all about prizes as well! I will be signing up Elijah and myself for the 2008 Health Challenge later this month, which means more prize possibilities! I know it's just your competitive side shining through :)

Erin said...

Send me an e-vite too! I want to play too.

Karrie said...

I sent Brandy one today... I will send you (Erin) one tomorrow. That way I get entered into the drawing twice -- you only get entered once a day. I don't know your home email address... do you want me to send it to work?

BrandyGirl said...

I got the e-vite, thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm already in it... though I'm very bad at remembering to sign in and enter in any info, guess I should work on that.