my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

All Alone

I made it to BodyPump this evening; I was all alone. Well not alone, there were several other pumpers there. Just none of my friends. They seemed to all have something else to do. It's understandable, just odd that they all had something to do on the same evening. I hope they weren't celebrating something without me. Perhaps they were planning a surprise party for me! Anyway, I have this new goal: each week I will attempt to increase one of my weights. Last Saturday I attempted to add a small weight to my biceps, but alas, my biceps will NOT grow. I had to slide it off half way through. Tonight I added a small weight to my chest track. It was tough, but I managed. There are certain areas of my body I just don't have the desire to build up. I mean, Ann (the instructor) claims that working your chest is better than an underwire bra. But besides the sagging factor, I don't understand how having good chest muscles will make me look better. And let's face it -- that's why I am there. Same for my back muscles. It's not like I wear a lot of backless dresses, so I why do I care what my back looks like? If you have any insight let me know.

I stayed after BodyPump to get an hour of cardio done. I also went late last night after work. So I am up to three hours this week. I have been doing a variety of elliptical, treadmill, biking, stairs, etc...

PS. I might think about changing my weigh-in day to Tuesday. This morning I was back to my lowest weight. I guess it will just help push me further for next week's weigh-in.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Sorry to leave you all alone last night. I'm glad you went anyway. And good for you for staying to do cardio too! I'll be there on Thursday, but I know you won't be.

Jen said...

Welcome to my world of Body Pump lonliness. The only times I've had friends with me are the times I go with you in Lincoln or that time you went with me in Omaha.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed it.... I'll be there Saturday morning though. I may even be able to be talked into a morning visit to the gym Friday or Saturday, we'll have to talk more about that later..... The worst part is I actually want to go to the gym lately and this week it's practically impossible, at least to avoid going alone that is.