my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, March 15, 2008

So Far So Good

Saturday is a crazy busy day for me. But, I made myself get up at 8:00, get to the gym by 8:30, get 30 minutes of cardio done, hit BodyPump, and stayed for 30 more minutes. So I had gotten two hours of working out done by 10:30. And breaking up my cardio like that really made it more doable. Tuesday I increased my chest weight. Today I increased my back weight all while maintaining the increased tricep weight with which I have been struggling. By the way, none of you have commented why I would want a nice back or chest muscles. I increased them anyway. Next, I will work on my biceps -- the toughest weight of all!

My big accomplishment of the day was attending a birthday party and not wasting all my calories on cake. Now, those who know me, which you all do right? You know that I absolutely love cake. I love all cake, and I love frosting. I don't understand you people who scrape off the frosting. It's too sweet! you all claim. Sheesh -- that is the flavor of heaven! But here's what I did: I made Jennifer leave me two bites of her cake. I said: Take one big enough that you'll have two bites left. So then, I got to enjoy cake, but in moderation. And then I avoided the cake table, because I have no self-control.

Tonight I have another work party/birthday celebration. I'm pretty sure that there will be cake there too. And I won't have Jennifer there to leave me left-overs. I also don't have enough will power to take my own piece of cake and leave half of it. That's sacrilegious, to leave cake on a plate. So I am going to skip the cake altogether -- I already had cake today. My scale better appreciate this when Monday comes!

6 comments:

Erin said...

I am always beyond impressed by your will power!!! And I admire your creative ways of moderating your cake consumption.

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention how they played your favorite song at Body Pump! Also, I think the only way you will be completely buff is to work on all muscle groups, without neglecting the ones you don't think are as important. I figure, if you're there for an hour, you might as well be working hard on all muscle groups.

Jen said...

I made no comment about the back/chest muscles because they are important (and two of the stronger) muscle groups. You'd be all lopsided if you didn't work on those muscles. I am just biased because my back is one of my favorite muscle features. No cellulite to ruin the view and it is nicely toned. I don't care how strong my legs get, they still look like cottage cheese.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

Oops, sorry, you can delete one of those comments, and this one when you read it!

Karrie said...

The song Jennifer is refering to is: Make your body pump, pump! And the reason I love it is silly, but true. When Jennifer and I first started taking BP (when was that, like 2003) we would jump around our apartment singing: make your body pump pump. Make your body, make your body, make your body pump pump. And do these kicking and punching things. Bascially it reminds me of a simpler (funner?) time! You know, like when jennifer would use her robe to be a super-hero!!!