my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Straight There

I had good intentions of getting up and going to the gym before I met my mom for lunch. I even woke up at 8:45 (without an alarm). But I just couldn't drag myself out of my warm bed until it was time to get ready at 11:00. So I made myself go after work, even though I was tired from a short (yet busy) day's work. It really does help when I pack my clothes for the gym and go straight there. I was pretty hungry at 5:30 and I thought about going home for a bite to eat and back to the gym later. But I knew that if I went home, I wouldn't make it back out; especially in tonight's snowy/rainy weather. So it was good that I went straight there. I only lasted 50 minutes. I was using the elliptical machine and was getting pretty bored; not to mention my little toe was in pain for some reason. So I quit. I was also a little sore from BodyPump yesterday. I am feeling strange muscles that are tight all of a sudden. I told you it was extra difficult yesterday. Anyway, I accomplished 5 hours of gym time this week. Good enough -- I am gonna get back to my 7 hour goals next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to get to the gym even though you'd rather have been home eating dinner!!! When I talked to you on your break at work, it seemed like you might not make it right after work.

Erin said...

Good for you for going to the gym. I'm sorry I couldn't join you. I hope your little toe is feeling better.

BrandyGirl said...

Good for you! I love how you're a trooper in the bad weather!!!

Count me in for Body Combat tonight if you're still up for it. I plan on going to the gym either way. It might be nice to have something new to do!