my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Let Her Eat Cake

I made it to three BodyPumps this week! Since I have been going light on the weights though, I haven't really been in that sore-state that I was the last time I made it three times. Instead I have been in a sore-state because of my bad back and the cold that has sprung upon me. I did better in today's class -- used my normal weight on everything except the back track and squats (the two tracks that put a lot of weight on my back). After I hit the gym tomorrow morning with Brandy I will have finished my seven hours!

In some good news: I got invited to a birthday party this evening, at the last minute, so I didn't have to spend my Saturday evening sitting at home alone, like I had planned. On the bad side: I ate cake! It was the kind with the whip frosting, I just can't turn that down! And I tell myself it's slightly healthier. But what's an extra 50 calories when you're talking about hundreds? I better work out extra hard tomorrow. I just wish my cold would go away, so I could push myself harder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention that it was Super Saver cake, we all know it's the best!

BrandyGirl said...

You know I agree with Jennifer. What better excuse to have a party than to have Super Saver cake. It'd almost be a sin to turn it down!