my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Three Hour Tour

Monday night I made it to Kickboxing and Body Power, even though I had Monday afternoon off from work, and could easily have gone to work out earlier. It's tough to wait around for your workout and not end up getting busy doing something else. I got a really good workout in though and it was well worth the wait. I never would have challenged my heart and lungs and muscles on my own the way I did in those classes.

After the two hour gym workout I got even more exercise in. Curtis and I biked down to TCBY. Truthfully, the calories I consumed in the yogurt probably equated the calories I worked off biking. But I think it should still count for 30 minutes or so of workout time. I was still working muscles I would not have used sitting on my couch or driving there.

Tuesday was another super-busy work day for me and I find that on these days (40 kids at morning storytime, 202 in the afternoon for friendship bracelet making) I deserve to eat a treat. So I go over to the kwik show (we don't have vending machines) and let myself buy some crappy candy item. I've decided that a york peppermint patty is the way to go. It is so rich that I only have to eat half at a time, and the whole thing only has 140 calories. I also get a really (really) big diet soda. It takes a lot of caffeine and fake sugar to get through a 202-kid craft program!

I think that this is going to be a pretty good week for working out goals. I have Friday-Sunday off for the holiday. I have a normal routine until then. I have nothing stressful planned except relaxation. I am going to try and eat healthy during this holiday weekend, because I am determined to finish these last pounds. I was down to five again this morning and nothing makes me happier than seeing lower numbers... and margaritas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, if you're going to have ice cream, at least if you bike there you're burning some calories on the way. That should be a new diet plan - you can't put anything in your mouth that you didn't walk at least 5 blocks to get. Maybe I should market that.