my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, June 26, 2009

Five Weeks till Slim

After a pretty bad week, remember I only worked out three hours last week, and I ate tons of junk food this weekend, I still managed to lose a pound this week. I weighed in at 7.5 this morning. I can't complain because I was seriously worried that it would be going up this week. However, seven pounds is quite a bit to lose in five weeks. I really need to get serious about this. I have done well working out this week, but the eating needs to be turned around.

Of course I say that on a day that my boss bought me a large frappachino type drink for breakfast. And the day that Dee brought us in a big bag of M&Ms because we are her favorite librarians. And the day that even though I went to Subway for lunch, Jennifer had coupons for a free cookie. Still, I have the rest of the day to eat healthy and all weekend. I really want to be back down to the five pound mark by next Friday's weigh in. Then it's the fourth of July weekend and all bets are off.

Tonight I am playing tennis, which includes the mile walk down to the park and back. I figure that's a great way to mix up my workouts. I am looking forward to it, because I haven't played in over a year. Still, I need to get back to running eventually. I might meet my mom Saturday morning for some gym time. Maybe I can make myself do three miles inside. When will this weather be nicer? September?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's to meeting your 5 week goal. I would promise not to bring any more free cookie coupons until after that, but they would expire and then you wouldn't even get a free cookie. You forgot to mention that you don't get cheese on your sandwich when you get a free cookie - which is at least some compensation, so I don't feel too bad. I also know that with your hectic lifestyle lately, things like cookies can't be left out completely - what else could you look forward to all through lunch, going back to work? Not likely. Anyway, congrats on all you have achieved - you haven't lost a challenge yet, so I'm confident you'll succeed at this one too.