my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Workout Rewards

I was tired after working today. There's something about program, no matter how large they are that is just exhausting. I thought several times about skipping the gym. Even though I hadn't been there all week yet. It's a slippery slope. Once you give yourself an out, you just keep taking it. Luckily, my routine is so burned into my mind that when it came to leave work, I immediately changed into my gym clothes and drove to Goodyear. It wasn't until I was going down the steps to the classroom that I remembered I had wanted to skip. Thank goodness my body got me there. My mind wasn't working too well. And I felt so much more energized and awake afterward. We had a great kickboxing class, full of sweat and burned calories. Since I had skipped Monday's workout I made myself keep my weights high (that means medium and small or above for everything) even though I knew I would be sore. And although I was all alone and feel like a gym orphan, it was one of the best workout days that I have had. I went home and made a healthy dinner of grilled chicken and broiled sweet potato wedges. I love treating my body right!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I must listen to my brain more than you do - I have to talk myself into changing and getting there, which obviously I haven't been doing much lately.