my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday evening I played Tennis with Curtis, which was a good change to my workout routine. We walked all the way down to the Mahoney Tennis courts, which was two miles. Then we played for 30-45 minutes. I won! He played left-handed. Then we walked back. It took around an hour and a half, and although it wasn't an intense workout, I am counting it as a hour of workout time. And it was fun, not like an hour of dread I experience when I have to go running.

Saturday I awoke to an early telephone call that someone at work was sick and I needed to go in for a while. I still was able to make it into BodyPower first, which was another great, high-weight-using workout. Again, the Saturday class wasn't very full, and I fear the will cancel it if they think that there isn't enough support. So if you belong to Goodyear, please start attending Saturday morning classes. I didn't have time to eat lunch, since I had to get right to work. And I was pretty upset that I had to be there, because don't I already work more than anyone else? I never call in sick, so why do I need to make up for the sick callers? Well, that pent-up frustration was taken out on the M&M bag. And Gum-drops and other treats. At least I didn't eat lunch too!

Sunday morning had beautiful weather. Well, much nicer than it had been around here. I decided to run around outside for a while. I ran two miles down to the park in 22:34, which was pretty fast. Then I was really tired and sat around on a bench for a while. I tried to run back, but my body just wasn't having it. So I allowed myself to just run the downhills (about 1/3) of it. That took me to eight hours of working out this week. Excellent! However, I made cookies this afternoon to take a dinner, and ate about 7 of them. Life's a battle.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yes, life is a battle, but cookies are really yummy. And what would life be without cookies? Sad. Very sad, indeed.

Unknown said...

I think you workout enough to have a few cookies now and then. Besides, they are cookies you made with applesauce instead of oil, so they're almost healthy!

Karrie said...

Yeah, but really they weren't even that good. I should have wasted the calories on something I really really enjoy, like Chocolate Chip cookie dough, or coldstone ice cream or Mazatlan Margaritas!