my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Final Run

Today's Running Goal: 3 easy miles
Accomplished: 3 miles in 36:34 (12:14 miles)
No record breaking today. Just a light easy three miles before the big day on Saturday. I meant to get up early this morning and get out there, but I couldn't get myself out of bed. So I made myself go out to the trail after the super-long and exhausting day at work. Still, it was beautiful weather and the trail was empty. So it was a nice run. Now I rest.

These last two days I am trying to double my water intake so I can ensure that I am fully hydrated on Saturday. However, since I usually drink eight glasses, it's a little difficult to consume sixteen glasses of water. So I will be happy with 12-15 cups. I am also eating a lot of fruits and vegetables. I am going to take Jen's advice and try eating a half a bagel and banana on the morning of the race. And tomorrow I am going to eat pasta for dinner, not because I think I should or I need to, but because I never eat pasta, and this gives me an excuse to do so.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Who doesn't love an excuse to eat pasta? I wish I had one!

Unknown said...

Jen said eat the carbs 3 hours before the race - what time will you need to wake up to do that? Yikes!

Karrie said...

I've read that 2 hours before should be okay... so I would need to be up by 6! At least I will be awake for the race. Tired, but awake.