my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Teaching Erin to Run

Today's Running Goal: Run with Erin
Accomplished: 2 miles in 23:40 (11:50 miles)
The few times I have talked Erin into running with me she always felt like I was holding her back. So today our goal was to see just how fast and long she could run. Turns out, I still held her back. We ran the first 3/4 mile pretty fast (6.0mph) but then I just didn't think I could keep that up, so I had her go on ahead of me. She waited 30 seconds till I caught up with her at the mile marker, and then we turned around and ran back quite a bit slower (5.0mph). Either way, she knows she can run 2 miles and has agreed to run the Columbus Downtown runaround. Soon she'll be running the five mile at Brandy's pace. We walked a mile or two to round out the workout to an hour. After a slow start I still got seven hours of working out done this week. As I mentioned I might try to beef this up to eight hours a week if I want to lose those last few pounds by August.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know I CAN run 2 miles, I just don't know why I would ever want to. I have a very negative attitude about running - I've always hated it and I still do. I thought trying a race would make me enjoy it more, but that wasn't really the case. I still hated running even though everyone else was running. I was also perfectly content to watch Karrie's 10K without once feeling like I wished I were running too. Maybe I'll just forever be an observer.