my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, June 12, 2009

Seven weeks till Slim

After taking a week off from watching what I ate, and pretty much eating as much as I possibly could, I am back up three pounds. I weighed in this morning at 10 pounds away from goal. Today is the beginning of my next Challenge, so my goal is now to lose ten pounds in seven weeks. I am determined to do it. I think it will be hard because I am by no means at the beginning of my weight loss lifestyle and they always say the last few pounds are the hardest to lose. But I have had enough time to work past the plateaus. I know what works for me and I intend to utilize them. I am not going to do anything extreme like the Special K diet. I am just going to try to stay around 1200-1300 calories. I am going to ensure I get to the gym seven hours a week. Now that I have added an extra weight-training day, I might be able to beef up my gym time to eight hours. Just for the summer, while I am trying to blast off these last ten pounds of fat. I mean, Twenty dollars is up for grabs.

Luckily I started off my last seven weeks with a day off. I did some relaxing, met Brandy at Runza for lunch, where we enjoyed low-calorie salads. I went to Gold's and ran for two miles. I just went easy to ease back into the running world. Although even at a 12-minute-mile pace I found it pretty hard. I might be one of the only people in the world who think that think running outside is easier than on the treadmill. I had hoped to run longer but cut it short when I was drenched in sweat and couldn't fathom running another two miles. Then I went up stairs and did some upper-body weight lifting. Last week after I used the weight machines I could really feel it in my triceps. I am aiming to have that happen again.

I am cooking a healthy meal tonight. I have fallen a little behind on my new-recipe goal, so I am attempting to make three new dishes this evening: grilled salmon, steamed sweet potatoes, and whole grain couscous with vegetables. All three are things I have never made before, and all three are healthy options. That should get me back on the right track and catch me up on my cooking goal.

2 comments:

Jen said...

It's way easier to run outside... unless it's all uphill!

Unknown said...

I agree - treadmills make me want to kill myself. Not that I enjoy running outside either, but at least you're going somewhere and have stuff to look at, and there is a breeze.