my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, June 1, 2009

End of Challenge

Well, it's not official until 5:30 tonight when I weigh in, but I am pretty sure I have the challenge in the bag. I am not saying that everyone else didn't make their goal too, I am just confident that I did, and I am the only one I have to justify! As of this morning my scale said I had 8 pounds left to lose. Eight pounds! Can you believe that? I have hit the single digits and I am going to do everything I can to make sure they come off fast and furious. I want this thing to be over. I want to reach the point in my life where I can work on maintaining my weight, not losing it. I want to be able to agree with all the people who tell me I have nothing more to lose. But for right now I want to celebrate. Unfortunatly I am in heavy training-mode this week as I prepare for my race. So the celebrations will have to wait until next week. But eight pounds!?! I am pretty excited.

No comments: