my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, June 8, 2009

What Now?

I am feeling a void in my life. Like I have nothing left to look forward to. And it's not that I was really looking forward to this race, or that it was the only thing going on in my life. But it does seem like it was a huge goal, which I have no put behind me. And I am left asking myself: What now? I have no focus. My weight loss challenge is over, although I still have 8-9 pounds to lose. My race training plan is over. My Summer Reading preparation is over, although that just means that my super-busy Summer Reading has begun. The one thing I have told myself that I would work on was weight training. Remember how I have to be a bridesmaid in two weddings this year. Remember how my goal was to have a great set of arms for those weddings. Remember how I have been letting myself go lightly on lower-body weight training during my race training so that my legs would never be in a state of pain? Well now it's time to beef that up. So tonight I made myself go strong all the way through. I added an extra medium to my squats (it will take a couple weeks until I can add a large again). I made myself do medium and smalls in both biceps and shoulders. Next time I will let myself go lighter on biceps and increase my triceps. That way I concentrate on working different things each time. I also went up to a large on back, which I haven't done since I started taking Kickboxing before hand. It was more difficult than I remember. I wonder if I will be sore tomorrow. Either way, I need to find something that gives my life meaning and new challenges and new rewards!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it sounds like you have weight lifting goals - and you still have things left from your 30 things list - I know you have lots of new recipes to make. So, while you have less goals than you did recently, I'd hardly say you were goal-less. You can work on the ones you have until you decide on something new to add.

Karrie said...

I don't like those goals...