my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, June 22, 2009

Life is a Workout

Rarely do I let myself count my own life as workout time. When I say I want to work out seven hours or eight hours a week, I mean real time that I put aside to workout. I could easily get into the habit of wearing a pedometer and counting the one million steps I take at work as a workout, but that wouldn't do a thing for my physical fitness, that is just my life. However, today was different. I spent five hours helping my dad load and unload boxes into a van. I was so hot and sweaty and just couldn't cool down. I decided to skip kickboxing and count moving boxes as my workout instead. I had hoped to take a nap during that time instead but my house was just too hot to sleep. I made myself attend BodyPower because it takes a little less energy and isn't as hot. Also, I am determined to keep my weights high and can't do that if I skip a week.

When I realized that I wouldn't be able to sleep during my nap, I happened to turn on the Tyra Show. She had four ladies taking the Nivea Body Silhouette Challenge. For thirty days these ladies ate healthy, workout a little and rubbed this Nivea anti-cellulite lotion on themselves. All of them lost around 8 inches off their hips, thighs and bellies. I'm thinking I should try it. I just wish that there had been a control group.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's some crappy science if there was no control group! Just had to post that. I'm sure your Dad appreciated all the muscle building you've done at the gym cause let's face it you used to be a huge wuss!

Jen said...

maybe I should try the same challenge! I wouldn't mind losing a couple inches!