my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Room with a View

Today's Running Goal: 2.5 miles
Accomplished: 2.5 miles in 30:40
Again, I am flabbergasted by the difficulty in running inside versus outside. But the snowy/wintry weather today make it impossible to take my workout outdoors. I made myself maintain the 12:30 minute mile I was running the whole time, and then of course sprinted the last lap. I was literally dripping in sweat, but at least I made it. I think my new gym is boring. I miss the way my old gym looked out at 48th street. Even though I hated that people were able to look in at me working out, I enjoyed looking out at them, and watching the people drive by. And oh how a homeless person walking by would keep me running for at least three minutes. At Goodyear all I see is sweaty people walking past to get a drink. And it's always the same people. And they aren't collecting trash from the grass or anything. What fun is that?

I had to cut my gym time to 45 minutes because I had a busy day planned. I had the day off since I worked the weekend, and Jennifer took the afternoon off to get some things done. So we talked to a few florists about wedding flowers. We donated blood (I got the cute phlebotomist!) and at free cookies. We tried a new coffee shop/sandwich shop. We picked up my new contacts. We test drove a Corolla that I may or may not want to buy. We shopped at Walmart. And we watched the biggest loser. I hope all that burned off enough calories to make up for the 15 minutes I skipped out on at the gym.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Flabbergasted - great word!

Yes, even though our old gym was managed by bastards and we don't even want to go there without classes, it was better than the new one when it comes to regular workout equipment. Not only was there a lot going on outside, you could halfway watch something that was interesting on your personal TV, rather than having to watch what someone else choses. Oh well. The classes are worth it. Anyway, great work sticking with your training goals!