my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ummmm, Yeah

I went back to Yoga this morning. This time I brought my mom and Jennifer, who both claim to be inflexible and unbalanced. They both did fine though and seemed to enjoy themselves enough. If it just wasn't so early on a Saturday morning it would be a lot easier to get to. I doubt they'll be changing times soon though, so we just need to decide if it's worth it or not. Judy, the instructor, asked Erin and I if we felt it last time (we did) right before she stated that you should listen to your body; you should never be sore from yoga. I liked being sore. That's how I knew I worked muscles that I wasn't reaching in BodyPower. Apparently we don't listen to our bodies enough. I wonder if I will be sore again tomorrow. I hope so!

Then I stayed to get my running done for the week.
Running Goal: 2 miles
Accomplished: 2 miles in just under 26 minutes.
I felt that I was running even faster than I was outside, but the treadmill is deceiving. Apparently it took me even longer. I am used to running a 13 minute mile, so it wasn't a surprise that it took that long. No pain this time, just out of breath. I did get off the treadmill to turn up the fan once, and another time to take a drink. That probably cost me a few seconds of running. Maybe I was running the same speed as last time. Tomorrow I am supposed to boost it up to 2.5 miles. I am trying to get around the mental aspect of it. Only six more minutes than today. Only two more songs on my Ipod. That should be do-able. However, I have to go visit my aunt and uncle in Columbus tomorrow. I either need to get up early and do it outside (the gym doesn't open until 10:00am) or do it later tomorrow evening outside in the dark (the gym closes at 6:00). Hmmm...

1 comment:

Jen said...

I say get up early and get outside. It will be over with and you will be able to enjoy your day knowing what you accomplished!