my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good at Goodyear

Things are going well at Goodyear. As always my classes are great, even though yesterday I ended up taking Kickboxing alone. I thought that I had secured enough friends at the gym that that wouldn't happen anymore. It was fine though, I am pretty used to being at the gym alone; most of the time that is how it is. I am really enjoying the fact that Katie has stopped teaching Kickboxing at Goodyear, and now Marika is there all the time. Yesterday's class was really though. I was dripping with sweat as usual, plus the room had about 100% humidity. I had already drank all my water about 3/4 of the way through class. I was so worn out that I had to go light on squats in BodyPower. I felt pretty faint just doing the warm up. After I was able to lie down for chest I was much better and kept weights high on triceps, and biceps. I had briefly thought about raising my shoulder bar weight, but Marika chose the hardest shoulder track of all, and even recommended going down in weight. So making it through the song was good enough for me. Especially since I had just gotten done doing 30 push ups in Kickboxing.

I took today off as a vacation day and had intended to do tons of things. Although I didn't get as many things crossed off of my list as I would have hoped, I did get a good workout in. Today's running goal: run .75 miles, walk .25 miles, repeat 4 times. What I learned today: I have absolutely no will power when it comes to running. I did the first three pretty well, although by the second run I was going a lot slower than I wanted to be going (I had told myself that I only had to go 3/4 of a mile, I should be able to do it faster than 5mph. Then when I got to the fourth run, I was just too exhausted. I told myself I could stop after .5 miles. I couldn't even do that. I quit after a minute. I disgust myself. Set a goal and keep it man!

I lost at least two pounds last week. I found myself at 19 pounds left to lose this morning. I have knocked 3 pounds off of the 13 I have to lose in my Biggest Loser Challenge. That's a good start. Still, I told myself I would lose all of weight by June 1st so that I would start the summer out perfectly at goal weight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to make me feel like a total loser. Not only am I one of the friends who stood you up not only Monday, but also today - but the 2 hour lunch we had yesterday probably didn't help you get anything done. Plus I haven't even officially weighed myself again since the start of the challenge - that's mostly because I haven't even really been to the gym since then. Anyway, I better work on that.