my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Not So Much

I had plans tonight, so no going to the gym. And social plans tend to lead to bad eating. As I am determined to turn my life around I promised myself that I would make good choices. Did I? Ummm... not so much. I went to the Lady Huskers basketball game and all day had planned on getting a hot dog and a diet coke and perhaps some popcorn. Then on the way there, Ryan announced that he wanted to eat dinner somewhere after the game, which meant we all had to go along too (we were in the same car). So I decided to skip having dinner at the game and save some calories for afterward. We went to La Mexicana, one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, which was having Margarita specials. So I let myself get one of those (400+ calories), I wouldn't have been able to watch others drink without me. I did manage to eat only a serving of chips and salsa (200 calories) and only 3/4 of my quesadilla, but it was still covered in cheese (600 calories?). It was definitely over my calorie limit for the day, but I didn't let myself get carried away. I mean I could have had two drinks and three servings of chips and the entire meal. So am I getting better?

2 comments:

Erin said...

You still did better than I did. I ate at both the game AND the restaurant. I guess we're just going to have to make a plan and stick to it, no matter how hard it is. That's why they call it a "challenge".

Anonymous said...

I probably had 2 servings of chips and salsa, but my 2 tacos and beans couldn't have been that bad for me. They didn't have any cheese, and the tortillas are corn, which is better than flour. Plus the ones at that place are small anyway. I count it as a success since this time I didn't leave the mexican restaurant feeling as stuffed to the brim as the last few times we have gone for dinner and margaritas. Maybe I've learned my limitations.