my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, March 13, 2009

Lacking Motivation

I have Friday off because I work this weekend. I pretty much have to do two hours of working out today in order to make it to seven hours this week. The gym will be closed any hours that I won't be at work this weekend. As frustrating as it is that I belong to a gym now with horrible weekend hours, I have to keep telling myself that at least they have great classes. Normally, I would be fine getting two hours of gym time in. I would go do some running or another cardio thing for an hour or so. Then I would head up to the women's weight room to do some upper body weight lifting. However, Goodyear doesn't have a women's weight room. They have a women's fitness room where they throw the discards of all other machines; the room I was in last Friday and so depressed that I had to leave after a half an hour. So this would require me to be brave enough to try out the circuit room all by myself. Needless to say, it is almost 5:00 and I haven't made it there yet.

Unfortunately I have all evening to do it. I have absolutely no plans. The gym is open until 10:00, which allows me to procrastinate. And feel sorry for myself. I have no plans for tomorrow evening either. And I don't do well when I have lots of free time and nothing to fill it with. I just want to curl up in a sun beam and sleep the day away. If only I was able to get up and do things with my life on my own. I need to work on this, I just don't know where to start.

I have told myself that one hour at the gym today might be okay. There is a possibility of 60 degree weather tomorrow, and maybe I could go for a run outside after I get off work tomorrow. That, of course, would require me to be motivated twice. There's always a workout DVD that I could throw in. We'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least it's getting to be nicer outside so the gym hours don't matter quite as much since you can do things outside some of the time. Gotta take advantage of the nice days before it gets too hot to do anything.