my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stupid TV Share-ers

Today's Running Goal: 2.5 miles
Accomplished: 2.5 miles in 31:37
I don't understand why it took longer than it did on Sunday. I made sure that I was running at a 12 minute-mile pace (30 minutes total) for most of the run. Sure I had to slow down for just a couple of songs, but I sprinted (10 minute-mile) the whole last song. Anyway, time doesn't matter, so I am over that! It was definitely harder inside on the treadmill without the dog. I had to stop for two drink breaks. The room was really hot and humid and weird people were watching weird things on TV. I hate sharing televisions. Here's a great example of the stupid people who use my gym: later on I was biking and watching Obama's speech. Then this lady asks me if I am watching (I am, I don't have headphones in and am starring at the TV) but I say No go ahead and change it (I only had three minutes left anyway). So she gets off her treadmill and announces I don't think I could spend a whole hour listening to Obama (I on the other hand would pay money to listen to him) and she changes the channel... to Family Guy. Needless to say, I quit three minutes early, because I was so baffled by the ignorance of this world. I am actually looking forward to the two mile run on Thursday/Friday. Since I have run 2.5 miles two times in a row, two miles will feel like nothing. However, I am not looking forward to the three-miler this weekend. I feel like I gave everything I had today; where am I going to find another half mile?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I wonder if those stupid people feel bad about their TV choices and the fact that they force others to watch their dumb shows. I know I felt kinda stupid when I was watching some show on Discovery because I figured most people wouldn't want to watch that. It was some kind of 'I had a baby and didn't even know I was pregnant' show, which sounds more like a bad Maury or Jerry Springer show. But that channel tends to keep my interest better, which helps when I want to run and have forgotten my headphones. Plus I didn't know it would be 2 similar shows back to back - I thought something better would be on next. Anyway, I just wonder if the other people even care at all... probably not.